Protection of atmospheric air
In order to minimize anthropogenic impact on the environment during of economic activity, the administration of SE “KSCP” stands on the position of comprehensive compliance with the requirements of environmental legislation and carries out a set of effective environmental measures.
The main activity of SE “KSCP” is the reloading of export, import, transit and cabotage cargoes from one mode of transport to another, with short-term accumulation in the own territory of the ship cargo consignment. The technology of cargo works ensures their economic efficiency and maximally preserves the quality of cargo and minimizes its losses in compliance with the requirements of the current legislation. The enterprise carries out loading and unloading works on 2-5 berths of the Kherson Sea Port.
In carrying out the production activity of SE “KSCP” on overloading of cargoes (bulk, piled up) and extraction of sand in the village. Fishery is the releases of pollutants into the air from stationary sources of emissions. The main pollutant emitted into the atmosphere are substances in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition. At the same time, the specified pollutant is the most widespread and its approved limit emission from organized sources is 150 mg / m3
IN according with the requirements of the Law of Ukraine “On the protection of the atmospheric air”, the emissions of pollutants into the atmospheric air by stationary sources of the main regime territory of SE “KSCP” (Kherson, Ushakova Ave., 4) and sand quarry are regulated Permits for pollutant emissions stationary sources into the atmospheric air:
– permit № 6510136300-237 for the emissions of SE “KSCP” (main site) from 22.01.2016. valid until 22/01/2026;
– permit № 6510136900-302 for the emissions of SE “KSCP” (sand quarry) from 22.01.2016. unlimited duration.
The documents, which substantiate the volumes of pollutant emissions for obtaining the permit for emissions, were considered by the Main Department of the State Sanitary Services in Kherson Oblast (opinion from 13.01.2016r.
No. 02-01-10 / 1392 / a).
The relevant permits provide for measures to control compliance with the approved emission limit value in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition
6 sources once a year. Instrumental and laboratory measurements of compliance of actual emission parameters with the emission limit values for pollutants are not established.
Organization of loading and unloading works
SE “KSCP” is regulated by Work-Technology Cards (RTCs), which are developed in accordance with RD 31.40.22-86 “ECTS of MP. Rules for the development of working technological documentation at the ports of Minmorflot. To reduce (exclude) dusting when overloading bulk, bulk cargo portal cranes (floating cranes), equipped with grapples, this documentation provides release grapple at a height of not more than 1.0 m from the surface of the warehouse or cargo surface. At the end of each shift and during technological breaks, the mooring of the moorings is carefully done during the transfer of the railway cars. Cargo operations are terminated in the event of any abnormal situations, namely: adverse meteorological conditions (including relative humidity above 95%, during rainfall, wind force of more than 15m / s and excitement of more than 3 points).
The enterprise is registered as an entity that can or does adversely affect the environment and annually compile 2-tp (air) statistics. According to the report on atmospheric air protection for 2017, the total emissions of pollutants from stationary sources of the enterprise are:
- from the main site (Kherson) – 11,796 tons, of which 10,376 tons are substances in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition;
- from the sand quarry (Rybalche village, Holoprystan district, Kherson region) 1,193 tons, of which 1,124 tons are substances in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition.
The protection of water is limited by law to the system of sovereign and suspension visits, it is hidden on the basis of public opinion, on the other hand, on the other hand, and on the organization of regional water resources. The main negative influx on water (water objects) is to become a by of bad practice, notice and depletion.
The enterprise carries out water abstraction of groundwater for the needs of the main regime territory of SE “KSCP” (Kherson) and career water consumption
(the village of Rybalche of Golopristansky district of Kherson region) from two operational wells. The areas of rigorous well protection are defined and fenced. The zone of sanitary protection is the territory where a special sanitary-epidemiological regime is introduced in order to prevent the deterioration of water quality of the sources of economic and drinking water supply. The sanitary and technical condition of the water intake equipment of the wells is in satisfactory condition and meets the requirements of the sanitary-epidemiological and environmental legislation.
Groundwater monitoring is carried out on a regular basis by the State Institution “Kherson Regional Laboratory Center of the State Sanitary and Emergency Service of Ukraine”. According to рresults of laboratory tests of drinking water quality from wells of the enterprise during 2014-2017 years it is established that artesian water according to all controlling organoleptic, toxicological, microbiological indicators meets the requirements of GOST 2874-82 “Drinking water, hygienic requirements for quality. ” During this period of emergencies and emergencies, including those that could cause outbreaks of infectious diseases at the groundwater intake facilities of the enterprise, were not recorded.
Predicted groundwater resources (KPW) according to Kherson city council are determined in the amount of 250.81 thousand m3/per day. Total groundwater production as of 01.01.2013. amounted to 79,386 thousand m3/per day (32% of the FDP). During the entire period of exploitation, no wells of the aquifer were polluted and groundwater contamination was observed. Groundwater Prediction Resources (RWP) in the Golopristansky district of Kherson region are identified in the amount of 658.99 thousand m3/per day. Total groundwater production as of 01.01.2013. amounted to 19,82 thousand m3/day (3% of the value of PRW). During the entire period of operation in the wells, the depletion of the aquifer and groundwater pollution were not observed. Analysis of the above allows us to conclude that the region is provided with predicted groundwater resources.
The limit for the intake and use of groundwater for two wells is regulated by the following permits for special water use:
– Ukr 20.8.1 Hrs from 26.02.2016 valid until 01.04.2019.
(from well No. 20-435 (sunburst № 2, left bank of the Dnieper River, Kherson); – Ukr 8.99 Hrs from 02/26/2016 valid until 01.04.2019.
(from artillery well No. 8-395, sand pit, Rybalche village, Holopristansky district, Kherson region).
The permits provide the possibility of using groundwater for drinking and economic needs of the enterprise and bunkering of vessels of foreign fleet, sea and river vessels of Ukraine.
The enterprise annually prepares and submits statistical reports of 2-tp (water supply) to the territorial body of the State Statistics Committee. According to the report on the use of water, for 2017 the company was took:
–from the well No. 20-435 (sink # 2, Kherson) groundwater in the amount of 1.2 thousand m3 (limit of use is 111.5 thousand m3) and 14.5 thousand m3 from the city water supply network (usage limit is 75.0 thousand m3); –from the well No. 8-395 (sandy quarry, Rybalche village, Golopristansky district, Kherson region) groundwater – 0.6 thousand m3 (the usage limit is 6.6 thousand m3).
The unloading of a seagoing vessel or storage vessel is carried out by a crane (gantry crane) equipped with a grapple. When carrying out loading and unloading operations carried out in close proximity to a water body or on a port raid, in order to avoid getting cargo into the water between the ship’s side and the berth or between the sides of the ships in the cargo area with a crane equipped with a grab, before loading (unloading) bulk, bulk cargo, tarpaulins or protective screens are mounted on board the ship as the crane boom moves and the overflow zone of the grab is closed. At the end of each shift and during technological breaks, the mooring of the moorage is carefully cleaned.
Sewage of household wastewater into the city’s sewage network and storm water from the territory of the Kherson Sea Port, monitoring of the state of wastewater in accordance with the legislation is carried out by the Kherson branch of “Administration of Seaports of Ukraine”. It does not have its own storm water releases to the surface water body (the Dnieper River) at the SE “KSCP”.
The main principles of state policy in the field of waste management, proclaimed in the Law of Ukraine “On Waste”, are the priority protection of the environment and human health from the negative impact of waste, the provision of economical use of raw materials and energy resources, scientifically sound harmonization, economic and social interests of society in the generation and use of waste.
To implement these principles, SE “KSCP” provides:
– complete collection and timely transfer of waste to business entities for further treatment;
– adherence to environmental safety rules for waste management;
– organization and control of places or sites for temporary disposal of waste;
– compulsory waste accounting.
At the enterprise during the production processes, the following types of waste are generated and temporarily disposed of (waste 1-4 hazard class), namely:
– fluorescent lamps and wastes products which contain mercury, others have been tainted or worked out;
– lead-acid batteries defective or used;
– wiping materials tainted, worked out or contaminated;
– wood and wood products defaced or used;
– tires damaged before commissioning, worn out, damaged or contaminated during use;
– scrap and shavings of ferrous metals;
– waste generated in welding processes;
– motor and engine oils, transmission oils, other spoiled or waste;
– solid marine shipping waste resulting from the deterioration, contamination or damage of cargo;
– grain dust captured by aspiration systems;
– wastes mixed construction and demolition of buildings and structures;
– municipal (city) mixed waste including trash can;
– non-ferrous scrap small other;
– abrasive material and its products defective, worked out or not identified;
– wastes from the operation of sewage treatment plants, not otherwise indicated (sludge from washing of vehicles);
– paper’s waste paper is cardboard;
– wastes generated during the operation of vehicles and transportation are not otherwise identified or combined;
– wastes stabilized or solidified by binder inorganic and organic (oil sand and sawdust);
– clothing worn or tarnished, used (overalls, helmets, respirators) and shoes worn or torn;
– sludge from non-specific industrial wastewater treatment (storm sewage)
– liquid containing petroleum products – flushing water;
– wastes of plastic film used;
– General purpose electronic equipment is defective, used or not repairable (scanners, monitors, printers) production and technological waste, characteristic for each type of production and waste of consumption of materials, substances and services.
Waste of the first class of danger stored in sealed containers (case).
The places of temporary storage of waste are equipped in accordance with the requirements of the current environmental legislation. All types of waste generated over a period of time are transmitted according to the contracts concluded to enterprises and organizations that have the relevant permits to carry out certain activities.