Protection of atmospheric air
In order to minimize the anthropogenic impact on the environment during economic activities, the administration of SE KMTSP is in the position of full compliance with the requirements of environmental legislation and implements a set of effective environmental measures.
The main activity of SE KMTSP is the reloading of export, import, transit and cabotage cargo from one type of transport to another, with short-term accumulation of a ship consignment on its own territory. The technology of cargo operations ensures their economic efficiency and maximum possible preservation of cargo quality and minimization of its losses in compliance with the requirements of the current legislation. The enterprise carries out loading and unloading operations at 2-5 berths of the Kherson seaport.
When carrying out industrial activities of the State Enterprise “KMTP” for cargo transhipment (bulk, bulk) and extraction of sand in the village of. Fisheries cause emissions of pollutants into the air from stationary sources of emissions. The main pollutant emitted into the atmosphere are substances in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition. At the same time, this pollutant is the most common and the maximum allowable emission from organized sources is 150 mg/m3.
In accordance with the requirements of the Law of Ukraine On the Protection of Atmospheric Air, emissions of pollutants into the atmospheric air by stationary sources of the main regime area of the KMTP (Kherson, 4 Ushakov Ave.) and a sand pit are settled permits for emissions of pollutants by stationary sources in the atmospheric air:
– permit No. 6510136300-237 for emissions of GP KMTP (main site) of 22 January 2016r. valid until 22.01.2026r. ;
– permit No. 6510136900-302 for the emissions of GP “KMTP” (sand pit) from January 22, 2016r. unlimited period of validity.
The documents that justify the emissions of pollutants for obtaining a permit for emissions were examined by the Main Administration of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Service in the Kherson region (conclusion No. 02-01-10 / 1392 / a of 13.01.2016).
Appropriate permits include measures to monitor compliance with the approved standard for the maximum permissible emission of substances in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition by 6 sources once a year. Instrumental and laboratory measurements of the compliance of actual emission parameters with the standards for the maximum permissible emission of excess content of pollutants have not been established.
The organization of loading and unloading operations of the State Enterprise “KSCP” is regulated by working-technological maps (RTC), developed in accordance with RD 31.40.22-86 “ESTPP MP. Rules for the development of working technological documentation in the ports of the Minmorflot “. To reduce (eliminate) dusting during the reloading of bulk cargoes, portal cranes (floating cranes) equipped with grabs, this documentation provides for the release of the grapple at a height of not more than 1.0 m from the surface of the composition or surface of the cargo. At the end of each shift and in technological interruptions in the re-supply of railway cars, the berths are carefully cleaned. Cargo operations cease if any contingencies arise, namely: unfavorable meteorological conditions (including relative humidity above 95%, during precipitation, wind force greater than 15 m/s and more than 3 points).
The enterprise is put on the state registration as an object that can or has a negative impact on the environment and annually compiles statistical reporting of 2-tp (air). According to the report on atmospheric air protection for 2017, total emissions of pollutants from stationary sources of the enterprise are:
– from the main industrial site (Kherson) – 11,796 tons, of which 10,376 tons are substances in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition;
– from the sand pit (Rybatskoye village, Golopristansky district, Kherson region) – 1,193 tons, of which 1,124 tons are substances in the form of suspended solids, undifferentiated in composition.
Protection of the aquatic environment
The protection of water is understood as a system of state and public measures, fixed in the legislation, aimed at preventing pollution, contamination, depletion of water and organization of rational use of water resources. The main negative impact on water (water bodies) is carried out by pollution, debris and depletion.
The enterprise carries out water abstraction of groundwater for the needs of the main regime territory of the State Enterprise “KHSSP” (Kherson) and the water consumption of the quarry (Rybalche village, Golopristansky district, Kherson region) from two operational own arsverdlovin. Zones of strict sanohoron wells are defined and fenced. The zone of sanitary protection is the territory where a special sanitary and epidemiological regime is introduced to prevent deterioration of the quality of water sources of domestic and drinking water supply. The sanitary and technical condition of the water intake equipment of the firearms is in satisfactory condition and meets the requirements of the sanitary and epidemiological and environmental legislation.
Control over the state of groundwater is carried out regularly by the State Institution “Kherson Regional Laboratory Center of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Service of Ukraine”. According to the results of laboratory tests of drinking water samples from the wells of the enterprise during 2014-2017 it was established that artesian water for all controlling organoleptic, toxicological, microbiological indicators complies with GOST 2874-82 “Drinking water, hygienic requirements and quality control”. During this period of emergency and emergency situations, including those that could cause outbreaks of infectious diseases at the groundwater abstraction facilities of the enterprise, it is not fixed.
Forecast resources of groundwater (PRVP) at Kherson city council are determined in the amount of 250.81 thousand m3 / day. Total extraction of groundwater as of 01.01.2013r. amounted to 79.386 thousand m3 / day (32% of the value of PRVV). During the whole period of operation, there was no depletion of the aquifer and groundwater pollution along the wells.
Forecast resources of groundwater (PRVP) for the Golopristan district of the Kherson region are determined in the amount of 658.99 thousand m3/day. Total extraction of groundwater as of 01.01.2013r. amounted to 19.82 thousand m3/day (3% of the value of PRVV). During the entire period of operation along the wells, depletion of the aquifer and groundwater contamination were not observed.
An analysis of the above allows us to conclude that the region is provided with predicted groundwater resources.
The limit for the abstraction and use of groundwater for two art-verdicts is regulated by the following permits for special water use:
– Rus 20.8.1 VCP from 26.02.2016r. valid until 01/04/2019.
(From the arches of the well # 20-435 (backwater No. 2, left bank of the Dnieper River, Kherson);
– Rus 8.99 PDS from 26.02.2016r. valid until 01/04/2019.
(From the arches of Wells No. 8-395, sand pit, Rybalche village, Golopristansky district, Kherson region).
Granted permits provide for the possibility of using groundwater for drinking and domestic needs of the enterprise and bunkering of ships of foreign fleet, sea and river vessels of Ukraine.
The enterprise annually compiles and submits statistical reports of 2-tp (water management) to the territorial body of the State Statistics Committee. According to the report on the use of water by 2017, the enterprise was taken:
– from the arsenic No. 20-435 (zaton № 2 m. Kherson) of groundwater in the amount of 1.2 thousand M3 (the limit of use is 111.5 thousand M3) and 14.5 thousand m3 from the city water supply network (use limit is 75.0 thousand m3);
– from the arsenic No. 8-395 (sand pit, Rybalche village, Golopristansky district, Kherson region) of groundwater – 0.6 thousand M3 (the limit of use is 6.6 thousand m3).
Unloading of a sea vessel or a storage vessel is made by a crane (portal crane) equipped with a grab. When carrying out loading and unloading operations carried out in the immediate vicinity of a water body or in a port roadstead, in order to prevent the cargo from entering the water between the ship’s side and the berth or between the sides of the vessels in the area of cargo transfer by a crane equipped with a grab, before loading (unloading) , bulk cargoes, tarpaulins or protective screens are hung on board the vessel as the crane boom moves and the grapple diarrhea overlaps. At the end of each shift and in technological breaks in the re-supply of railway cars, the berth is thoroughly cleaned.
Drainage of domestic wastewater into the sewerage network of the city and storm water from the territory of the Kherson seaport, control over the state of sewage in accordance with the legislation is carried out by the Kherson branch of the Administration of Seaports of Ukraine. There are no own releases of storm water to the surface water body (the Dnepr River).
The main principles of the state policy in the sphere of waste management, proclaimed in the Law of Ukraine “On Waste”, are priority protection of the environment and human health from the negative impact of waste, ensuring the economical use of material and raw materials and energy resources, scientifically based harmonization of environmental, economic and social interests of the public regarding waste generation and use.
To implement these principles, SE “KSCP” provides:
– complete collection and timely transfer of waste to business entities for further circulation;
– compliance with the rules of environmental safety when handling waste;
– organization and control of places or objects of temporary waste disposal;
– compulsory accounting of waste.
At the enterprise, during production processes, the following types of waste are formed and temporarily placed (wastes of hazard classes 1-4), namely:
– fluorescent lamps and waste containing mercury, others spoiled or worked up;
– lead batteries are damaged or worn out;
– Wiping materials are damaged, worn out or dirty;
– wood and wood products are damaged or used;
– tires damaged before operation, used, contaminated or damaged during operation;
– scrap and shavings of ferrous metals;
– Waste obtained in welding processes;
– engine oils and oils, transmission others damaged or worn out;
– solid marine wastes generated by damage, contamination or damage to goods;
– grain dust is captured by the aspirations of their systems;
– mixed construction waste and demolition of buildings and structures;
– municipal waste (municipal) mixed including waste. trash from urns;
– scrap of non-ferrous metals is fine;
– Abrasive material and products made of it are damaged, worn out or not identified;
– Wastes from the operation of wastewater treatment plants are not indicated in any other way (or from car washing);
paper and cardboard waste paper;
– Waste that was generated during the operation of vehicles and transport, not indicated in another way or combined;
– wastes stabilized or solidified with a binder material of inorganic and organic origin (sand and sawdust oiled);
– worn or worn out clothing, worn out (working overalls, hard hats, respirators) and worn or spoiled shoes;
– Sludge from the purification of sewage non-specific industrial waters (storm sewage);
– liquid with oil content – bilge water;
– Waste of polyethylene film used;
– Electronic equipment of general purpose, spoiled, used or repairable (scanners, monitors, printers) production and technological waste, characteristic for each type of production and waste of consumption of materials, substances and services.
Wastes of the first class of danger are stored in sealed containers (containers).
The places of temporary storage of waste are equipped in accordance with the requirements of the current environmental legislation. All types of waste that have formed during a certain period of time are transferred in accordance with concluded contracts to enterprises and organizations that have appropriate permits for certain types of activities.