History of the Port

The city of Kherson was founded by decree of Catherine II of June 18, 1778.

Since 1901, after a 30-year break, associated with work on deepening the Dnieper bottom, the sea gates of the city are being reopened. Kherson becomes a significant port of export of bread.

During the post-war years, Kherson became an industrial, agricultural and cultural center in the south of Ukraine. Equipped with modern technology, the Kherson Sea Commercial Port becomes one of the leading on the Black Sea, occupied a worthy place in the foreign trade relations of the USSR.

At present, Kherson sea commercial port is a modern enterprise that is part of the unified transport complex of Ukraine. The port is located on the right bank of the Dnieper, 15 km from its mouth. Approach to it is carried out along the channel, which runs along the river Rvach, the sleeve of the Olkhov Dnepr and actually along the Dnieper.

Херсонский морской порт начала 20 века

Since 1901, after a 30-year break, associated with work on deepening the Dnieper bottom, the sea gates of the city are being reopened. Kherson becomes a significant port of export of bread.

During the post-war years, Kherson became an industrial, agricultural and cultural center in the south of Ukraine. Equipped with modern technology, the Kherson Sea Commercial Port becomes one of the leading on the Black Sea, occupied a worthy place in the foreign trade relations of the USSR.

At present, Kherson sea commercial port is a modern enterprise that is part of the unified transport complex of Ukraine. The port is located on the right bank of the Dnieper, 15 km from its mouth. Approach to it is carried out along the channel, which runs along the river Rvach, the sleeve of the Olkhov Dnepr and actually along the Dnieper.